Saturday, March 17, 2007

Arrival on Utapau and a boga ride

Two books later and a short nap and we had arrived .I gathered a few things and then had Belda go and wake Pho from where she was asleep in the back of the fighter. Utapau reminded me somewhat of grandfather. Calm, quiet, and complex.When we landed, I watied by thefighter while Phobia took Belda with her to speak to the Utapauian chief.

As I waited I thought over the discussion we had had while she had slept in her head.She feared something was going to go wrong, terribly wrong.I could feel it too and I feared for her.But we had to complete this mission to the best of our ability, no matter what reservations we had.

After much debate we were able to center ourselves for the task ahead. I honestly do not know what I would do if I lost her.

Her message to Cody brought me out of my trance. So it was time.We both changed into black sith like robes. I much prefer brown myself, but black better blended in with the setting sun of Utapau.The three of us climbed in silence, the tenshion thick enoguh to be cut wiht a knife until we reached the fourth level.'

The sounds of bogas filled my ears. We were at a boga stable. I left Phobia and Belda behind as I spoke to a stablehand. A few moments later I pulled Phobia along behind me as we walked down the line. Then .. I saw her.

Strong shoulders, a strong beak, clear eyes.. And there was this undeniable pull in the force that guided me to her. I patted her beak and pulled myself up into the saddle before Phobia could ask if this was the right one. She climbed on behind me and pulled Belda between us. A small click and the boga took off climbingthe stony pathways towards the top. The 10th level.. A part of me hungered for battle after so so long. Grandfather had trained me to fight. if I went without a fight for too long I began to grow restless.

The dragon in me clambered for battle and it took some doing to disuade it forthe present. Well actually, some memories from Phobia did the trick nicely. My whole body thrummed in response and I was able to speak , casting a half eye back on her." Pho.. not now , this is definitely not the time.." I heard her explain away our conversation and concentrated on getting myself back to normal.

I let the dragon's fury rise within me, keeping it at a simmer.

We reached the ninth level monents later and Phobia sent the boga galloping back down the hill. Together the three of us climbed the last hill and hid ourselves above Grievous' headas he stalked up and down his lines of guards.On a signal we all dropped down silmatanously. My lightsaber a blur of movement, the dragon within guiding my hands. I moved efortlessly taking care of theguards in a few fast strokes. Belda deflected the blaster bolts at my back as Phobia faced Grievous.

Five minutes later a pile of scrap metal lay in a ring around us. The driods were scrap, now only Grievous remained.

" A Jedi.. what do you know.. I had expected them to send someone of a more illustrious rank after me .. pity .. pity.. and a baby? is this the best the Jedi have to offer? "

How shortsighted Grievous was.

I stepped up , shielding Belda and replied curtly " That should tell you something General. you are a toy. A puppet for others. A slave to the banking clan. You aren't important enough for the higher ups to worry about you anyway."

Well that pissed him off. good. I wanted a crack at this tin can.

" Is that so eh? Well whenever they find your corpses in the space above coruscant then they will listen to us!"

He leapt into the air, four sabers ignited.

Phobia and I lept at the same time, sabers ignited. Girevous would become scrap. One way or another.

Until Later

11 comments:

padawanbeldapinik said...

Hello there Master Godfrey, If possible, can I take some of the spare parts of Grievous and use them for my own droud? I really need a few more nuts and bolts. and a transformer, and a carbon boster.

Godfrey Zebulon said...

Not of Grievous.. Let your master and I look into that okay? I think I know there I can find a good transformer and a carbon blaster. And there's risk of life and limb to get them. Besides the council will want all of Grievous brought back.

Phobia said...

Belda how many times do I have to tell you? No spare parts of any Sepratist droids! I'll look into your protocol droid after this mission.

Unknown said...

ACK you don't want none of those parts, trust me.

Skywalker said...

I'm still working on the dorid for ya, Belda. Almost done.

Phobia said...

see? I TOLD You! * shakes head* sorry.. sorry.. just tired..

Darth Vader said...

A boga ride?

Never mind.

I refuse to comment.

Godfrey Zebulon said...

she did think that the title was a bit off.. now I see why.. and FYI Vader you just did.... If I say anything else outside the norm on that she'll have my head on a platter.

Summer Dawn O'Ciardha said...

Why does everyone attack the man in black?

Don't worry Vader, I got your back, we goths have to stick together.

Master Obi-Wan said...

Belda, listen to your Master. And stay away from him as far as you can.

Master Adana said...

Belda, I have a droid for you when you return to Coruscant. yes, leave those parts alone.